About the VECTUS Palomar diode laser treatment
Before laser hair removal patients are informed about the treatment which consists of:
- Use of inteligent Skintel technology to determine the level of melanine in the skin.
- Setting the device to safe parameters.
- Selecting a suitable head depending of the part of the body at which the treatment is carried out.
- Use of VECTUS diode laser with wave lengh of 810 nm.
- During the treatment the laser head with a safe sapphire glass ending is applied to the skin and the beam is emitted from external to internal part of the hair.
- Patients do not feel excessive heat because of technology which cools the device.
- The treatment usually lasts for a few minutes.
- Patients can get back to their everyday activity and make an appointment for the next treatment.
How often should laser epilation treatment be repeated?
Depending on the part of the body, laser epilation is repeated several times (3-6 times). Each another treatment is more efficient because it is applied to previously weakened hair. The most difficult to remove is hair with little amount of melanine (red, light-blonde). The Vectus Palomar laser therapy is repeated as follows:
- Legs, every 8-10 weeks
- Underarms, every 4-6 weeks
- Bikini area, every 4-6 weeks
- Back, every 8-10 weeks
- Buttocks, every 8-10 weeks
- Forearms, every 4-6 weeks
- Face area, every 4-6 weeks
- Hands, every 4-6 weeks
To learn more about laser epilation of of bikini area, please, visit the site Brazilian laser hair removal.
After the VECTUS Palomar diode laser treatment
Right after laser hair removal patients may return to their everyday activities. However, they should avoid saunas, suntanning, hot bathes and exfoliation treatments. If the skin becomes too dry or red, you may use cooling cream or wraps and compresses. For a certain period of time you may feel slight burning. However, you should not worry about it. For a few days some hair and its parts would fall out spontaneously. This is a natural process of getting rid of dead hair. Patients can experience a feeling as if their hair is growing. You should not remove the hair mechanically – it would fall out itself.
Contraindications for VECTUS Palomar diode laser hair removal
As before every aesthetic treatment you should consult the doctor in order to discuss your condition and possible contraindications of a particular treatment. Before laser epilation our specialists employed at FABSKIN will tell you about side effects and will advise alternative methods of hair removal if there are any factors unfavourable for laser depilation.
The most common contraindications for laser hair removal are:
- Retinoids treatment
- Skin allergies
- Fresh suntan
- Damaged epidermis
- Anticoagulants medication
- Some herbs and drugs
- Recent surgery