Harmony laser is a state-of-the-art, versatile platform for aesthetic treatments. Thanks to that, it is possible to use a few technologies at the same time: technologies based on laser, ultrasounds and light. Using Harmony laser we are able to perform many aesthetic and dermatological treatments.
Tattoo removal with Q-Switch technology
Inks and pigments, which are used for tattoos are located mainly in the upper layer of the dermis. However, a certain part can be located in deeper skin layers. Laser Harmony Q Switch accumulates energy in an ultrashort impulse. Pigment particles are disintegrated very quickly, therefore there is no risk of heating the light-cured tissues.
Laser Harmony Q Switch removes practically the entire tattoo. It is crucial that in order to remove a tattoo, a few laser sessions are necessary and their number depends on the type of the tattoo (its size, color, depth and also skin phototype).
How does Harmony Q Switch laser work?
1. Thanks to the very short impulse there is no thermal damage of heated surrounding tissues. After a few sessions, the skin structure remains the same.
2. A light beam breaks the pigment into small particles which subsequently evaporate, making the tattoo lighter.
3. The first sessions are performed at around 4-week intervals, next, in further stages of tattoo removal the intervals get longer.
4. After the procedure, the patient feels a slight discomfort in the form of swelling and redness. The ailments subside usually after a few hours. Small blotches or scabs may also appear, which are a natural defensive reaction of the skin and disappear after a short period of time.
Who is Harmony Q Switch for?
It is equipment for persons who wish to remove a tattoo or slight pigment changes (freckles or spots).
Contraindications before the Harmony laser procedure
- any conditions of skin inflammation
- some diseases (albinism, multiple sclerosis, kidney failure)
- some medications, e.g. Accutane
- photosensitizing medicines
- skin infections
- intensive suntan
After treatment with Harmony Q Switch
Patients should expect their pigment changes and freckles to become darker after treatment. One day after the procedure, the process of exfoliation begins, which lasts up to 2 weeks. Please note that you can use cosmetics and cover any temporary skin changes. It is crucial to remember about using sunscreen with a high sun protection factor and as much as possible, avoid sun exposure for the period of 6 months.
For the first 24 hours after the tattoo removal with Harmony Q Switch laser taking baths or showers should be avoided. For the following week, patients must not use a sauna, a swimming pool or do sports. Like in the case of pigment changes removal, sun exposure should be avoided for 6 months.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION phone number 22 126 80 08